Larry:

If I'm not mistaken, the early FJ-40 Landcruiser = drivetrain is largely based on a Chevrolet 10-bolt design.  The = engine is based on the 258 cu I-6 Chevy engine as well.  (I used = to have a '72 and the rear end really looks like a shortened 10-bolt = Chevy)  The engine is a dead ringer for the 258 (other than the = oil filter mount, I think)

Never a simple answer, is there...  :-)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA