Be sure that the compression ratio is set that reg = gas can be used efficiently...should be no need for premium if this is set up = during the rebuilding process...

Adam Puzerewski
81 westy
----- Original Message -----
From: seheller
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 = 1:20 PM
Subject: [VANAGON] Tips ?

>I d like to know your secret advice that you can = tell me cause of >your experience in that matter ?

With = my complete re-build last summer, the mechanic insisted (in order to keep = the 15 month warranty valid), that:
1.) Never let the engine lug, = especially in 4th gear. In order to help me make sure of this, I also paid for a = Cylinder Head Temperature Guage to be installed on the dash.
2.) Use = Premimum Gas.
-
Steven Heller
Toronto, = Canada