My 1983 Westphalia has been musically well serviced = for years by a Blaupunkt BPA-260 amplifier
(60W per channel-2 channels).  Along with a = Blaupunkt Tucson tuner I have very good reception and the nice crisp Blaupunkt sound.  Last week the fuze to the amplifier starting blowing = everytime I turned the radio on(the amp is triggered on by 12v from the tuner...the = fuze is on the other power lead to the amplifier).  I've measured a current = of 32 amps going to the amplifier which is way abnormal and making it heat up = and after a few minutes blowing the fuze(15 amp fuze blows right away, 25 = amp fuze takes a little longer).  Looking inside at the circuit board I = don't seen any sign of a hot spot, no blackened areas, no = obvious shorts.  There is a section that is heating up more than the other sections.

Is there someone on the list who knows enough to = help me troubleshoot this.  I'm not sure I can get a schematic because the = amp is probably 10 years old, but I can try the Blaupunkt web site.  Or is = there someone  who does inexpensive repairs of this type.  I suspect = there is just one component that is bad, and since the fault is so obvious, a knowlegeable person would find it quickly.

This is always the dillema in these days of = throwaway electronics.  The electronic repair shops have minimum rates that = often force a person into buying a replacement instead of repairing, but when = you have something of good quality that just happens to be old), you inevitably = end up buying something that costs twice as much and is half as good.

John