Some years back we lived = near an A&W rootbeer stand.  They sold a gallon of rootbeer for a set = price if you brought your own container.  We had an insulated jug we had = purchased in Canada, and we always took that.  They didn't say what kind of gallon.  Naturally, now that I have matured, I would never do = anything so underhanded.  Besides, I don't have the jug anymore.

As to the idea of using a = 5 gal bucket and plastic bag instead of a Porti-Potti in your Vanagon, it = would not be "just as good."  Even ignoring odor, which doesn't happen with a Porta-Potti, you now have the problem of disposing of plastic bags = containing human waste.  This is legally a bio-hazardous material, and dumping = it down a toilet is no longer an option.  No thanks.

Also, Thetford (maker of = the Porti-Potti) is a great company.  In the early '70s, my wife worked = for them.  At that time, they did their IPO, and Thetford arranged with = a local bank to guarantee loans to employees to buy the stock.

Bill (SE Arizona) (Bill@freeholder.com) HTTP://www.freeholder.com
Censorship is the assassination of ideas.  No matter how well-meaning its
proponents may be, they are more dangerous to us than any outside = enemy.