Boy!  I had no idea I would start such I bruhaha = with my response!

By the way, for the record I happen to agree with = those of you that favor plain text e-mail.  (I don't miss having = to deal with encoding and un-encoding binary attachments, = though!)  When I turn off html formatting, I WANT IT TURNED = OFF!!!.  (Unfortunately I am a victim of Outlook 2000 in a = corporate LAN environment)

That being said, it just seems like tilting at = windmills trying to argue against html-based e-mail.  As bandwidth = becomes cheaper, storage becomes cheaper, and processing power becomes = A LOT cheaper, David's excellent argument becomes a bit diluted (and = perhaps a bit trivial).  So what if your e-mail takes 650 bytes = instead of 100 when your storage will hold 50 years worth?  Who = cares if your bloated O/S takes 400MB to install when you have a 27 GB = hard drive?

My point is, its all relative.  I don't agree = with it (it seems so damned inefficient!) but I have to accept the = inevitability...

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA