From: Michael J. Sullivan [mailto:sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 5:08 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: 15 inch rims (same thread, different = day/time)

Dear Durby,

I bought my wheels from <http://www.aaatire.com>. They are Vision model = 119
(polished), 7"x15", 5x112mm bolt pattern, = ET23mm offset. Cost me $850 for a
set of FIVE delivered with 14mm chrome lug nuts, = center caps, and chrome
valve stems. You can see them on my Syncro Doublecab = at:

   http://www.haywood-sullivan.com/vanagon/doublecab/welc= ome.html

NOTE: these wheels are NOT listed on their website = and they hadn't heard of
a Vanagon either! -- so I told them that my vehicle = was "a rare,
early-eighties, 4wd, off-road, = Mercedes".

Cheers,
MJS

At 11:01 AM 5/30/00 -0700, Durby Suniga wrote:
>Okay.  I've checked Vanagon.com and have = attempted to find more info from
>the message archives, but couldn't fine what I = was looking for.  I'm trying
>to locate anyone who has used anything other = than what Vanagon.com has
>listed in regards to using 15 inch rims.  = Not that I wouldn't like to use
>the stock alloys or passat or audi rims, but = there's got to be other rims
>out there for the Vanagon.  If anyone has = used anything other than what's
>listed on Vanagon.com in regards to 15 inch = rims, which brand and style did
>you use on your Vanagon.  I went onto = Americanracing.com and their
>application guide says that I could use their 16 = inch rims (5x112 bolt
>pattern, 38mm offset) on my Vanagon.  I = faintly recall hearing stories of 16
>inch rims and accompaning tires giving problems = (unless they were used on
>Syncros).
>
>Durby
>87 Vanagon Wolfsburg Ed.

Michael J. Sullivan
Marshfield Hills, MA
Central America 2001 or bust!

'87 VW Vanagon GL Syncro Westfalia "Sunny" = (soon to be TDi-powered)
'86 VW Syncro Doublecab "Claude"
'96 VW Passat TDi "Teddi" (46mpg)

work:       http://www.openmarket.com
my vanagon: http://www.hsdesign.com/vanagon