My '87 GL runs beautifully and I am = confident in using it as a daily driver and as a long trip vehicle.  It does = leak coolant however, leaving small circular puddles wherever it sits for a = while. It appears inevitable that I will need at least a head gasket job at some = point in the future.  I would like to consider all options ranging from = simply a gasket job, possibly  head replacements also, to an engine replacement.  I believe that the lower end of my engine is good so = that a mid-level job may be all that I will do.  I have read many accounts = of engine swaps and should I go that route I am leaning towards a Subaru replacement engine.  What I would appreciate from other list = members is the typical cost associated with each level of work.  If you have had = some type of head gasket, head replacement. engine replacement, or engine swap = work done recently and are willing to share the cost incurred for this work I = would appreciate hearing from you.  I am aware that there will be = regional differences for labor costs but believe the range of costs will be = helpful to me in deciding which way to go.   Sam