If = anyone is curious, I got a look at a completed Tii conversion on Thursday.  My sister bought the kit and = had it installed by her mechanic.  = I stopped by to visit the mechanic and took it for a test drive.  My thoughts and the mechanics = comments are as follows:

Positive = things:

Not so = Positive things:

The = mechanic liked the kit and the way it ran.  = Both of us drove it up a very steep hill near his shop and were impressed = with the power band.  We were able = to accelerate from 55 up to 65 on the hill.  In my van, you can only accelerate to about 58.  The mechanic did not have the = best opinion of Peter (the guy who sells the kit).  His first complaint was that they had a bad = transistor coming off the coil.  The replacement was hard and very slow to get.  Once they got it, it wasn’t a Telefunkt or = Bosch but some cheap Taiwanese transistor.  = He also told me that the instructions had bad info on the scan tool.  Other than those few problems, = the install was pretty smooth.  = He just didn’t like the way Peter didn’t seem so eager to help.  They were led to believe this = kit had been installed many times before, but the reality is this was his first = US shipment.  They were in it = for 30 hours and they figure the next time will take about = 20.

I am = very interested in the kit for my Carat.  However, I would definitely miss the low-end torque.  My Waterboxer is running too = well right now (knock on wood) to think about it just = yet!