New member.  Just rebuilt = 85 vanagon 1.9 with 192,000 miles.  Ran great for 121 miles then began having = electric twitters.  Rebuilt starter before noticing burnt = wires.  Further checking revealed burnt fuel injection relay and, ultimately, a = burnt smell coming from the vent hole of the ecu.  After checking around = and finding nobody willing to check-out the ecu, I decided, that, hey, It = should not take a rocket scientist or brain surgeon to take a peek into an = ecu.  Popped the top and, sure enough, there is an obvious burnt thingamajig = inside the ecu.  But it looks like only one burnt = thingamajig.  So now I seek an ecu.  It appears that original ecu was made by Bosch, which = my limited understanding suggests may be the preferred unit to run.  = Anyone out there willing to let me know if there are different ecus, such as = others made by vw, which will work for my 1.9?  I think I want a Bosch replacement, if there are any out there and if I can find = one.  A used but functional ecu would be ok.  Anyone out there who has such = a used Bosch unit and is willing to sell or trade, please let me = know.  Thanks.

David Gunning

RR2-Box 985i
Lovell, ME 04051

P.S.  Anyone out there know how = those "Wolfburg Edition" 1.75 inche buttons attatch to the body?  Love to replace 'em with silver vw buttones, instead.