Have you checked the ignition switch?  Are you = sure that this is related to rain?

While driving, try fiddling with the ignition switch = a little bit and see if the motor cuts out.  Jiggle it again and = see if it comes back on.

Parts of your description make this sound very = likely.  (I just had this happen to me today, as a matter of fact, = and I will be ordering an ignition switch pretty quick = here...)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA