I lock my Syncro like this all the time.  I have = central locking, and the slider has a little black knob for manually = locking it.  In order to save wear and tear on the central locking = motors, I usually just leave the doors all locked and enter and exit = through the side door using this little know to lock it as I am = leaving.

It seems to work fine.  Hope I'm not damaging = anything...  :-)

Brent Christensen
'89 GL Syncro Westy
Santa Barbara, CA