Dometic 'Frig in 84 Westy works on electric. = Within 2 hours of connecting to electric the temp was down to 35 degrees (temp = outside was in the 60s);

So this means the fridge cooling mechanism = works when heat is applied to the boiler... so the problem is something specific = to the propane function.

 I was unable to determine whether the fan = kicked on.

I doubt you would ever hear your fan when it = is only in the 60's degrees outside.

Fired up the propane (I always need to try two = different times to get it going - maybe a magic wand would help!) - after 2, 4, = 6 hours the temperature remained the same: 65 degrees. Apparently the propane = is on because 1) the LED panel green light is lite and 2) the observation = tube in 'frig shows a blue flame.

Apparenty it is on... could also check the exhaust vent on the = outside of the van... is it slightly warm? ... do you hear a roar or a purr? I = suspect you will hear a purr; but no roar...

My guess: it could be the thermostat. I believe I remember that = the thermostat does not function on 110 volts. If the thermostat were out = that could explain why the fride cools on 110 and does not on propane. = Eventhough you get the pilot to light it the thermostat does not kick the flame = up to creat enough heat the boiler enough to creat cooling effect.... my guess.

Does it also work on 12 volt? (I believe the thermostat functions = on 12 volt. If that is so you should not get any better cooling on 12 = volt).
You will have to run the engine to get the 12 volt to work... = take an hour drive and see if the cooling fins are cold.

Good Luck,
Bill

We are prepared to remove the unit (did this two = years ago and found some some crud, but not a lot), but would really appreciate = any clues as to what we should be looking for - or replacing. The 'frig = has worked like a charm in the past - cooling even warm cans of beer on hot days (although obviously not very quickly).

Has anyone had a similiar situation? What did you replace/reconfigure? I have printed out the service manual and have = stored numerous emails about fans, etc.

Thanks in advance!!
V & M Holm
Menomonie, WI
84 Westy

"Writing is easy; all you do is = sit staring at a blank sheet
of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead."

-Gene Fowler