Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 5:50 AM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Troubleshooting 'Frig Cooling = Problem

Here's the situation:
Dometic 'Frig in 84 Westy works on electric. Within = 2 hours of connecting to electric the temp was down to 35 degrees (temp = outside was in the 60s); I was unable to determine whether the fan = kicked on.

Fired up the propane (I always need to try two = different times to get it going - maybe a magic wand would help!) - = after 2, 4, 6 hours the temperature remained the same: 65 degrees. = Apparently the propane is on because 1) the LED panel green light is = lite and 2) the observation tube in 'frig shows a blue = flame.

We are prepared to remove the unit (did this two = years ago and found some some crud, but not a lot), but would really = appreciate any clues as to what we should be looking for - or = replacing. The 'frig has worked like a charm in the past - cooling even = warm cans of beer on hot days (although obviously not very quickly). =

Has anyone had a similiar situation? What did you = replace/reconfigure? I have printed out the service manual and have = stored numerous emails about fans, etc.

Thanks in advance!!
V & M Holm
Menomonie, WI
84 Westy

"Writing is easy; all you do is sit staring at = a blank sheet
of paper until the drops of blood form on your = forehead."

-Gene Fowler