From: Mick Reynolds [mailto:russellkai@hotmail.com= ]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 2:43 PM
To: Buettner, Peter; = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: [VANAGON] Power Window Switch = Repairs

My switches are gradually going out as well.  As = far as cheap parts go, VW
quoted me $80 a piece for new ones.  That's = kind of tough to swallow...  I
tried fixing them, but the little seesaw contacts = inside get pretty worn and
once they find a way to slip out of place, they = continue to until you break
down and buy new switches.  One of the vendors = on the list (I don't remember
which just now) quoted me $35 per switch so I might = go that way or maybe
start combing the junkyards.  Any other = ideas?

Keep it real - Mick
Mr. Sniffypalms - '91 Carat
Lake Stevens, WA