First I am an old sailboat racer... if = we all went by the manufacturer's ratings it would not be as interesting... BUT that = is where to start... I believe it is there it is worth fiddling with...most = of it does not work.. but it is great to Eureka when it = does...

Second I am no tire expert... just = someone who has bought tires by the carload and fiddled around... My belief is that = there is no PROPER TIRE PRESSURE but rather a pressure range depending upon the conditions... i.e. type of tire, load, terrain,etc... If you make changes from the specs = in small increments and give them a real world check out.. the tires will = eventually will make the judgment by wear... and the driver by ride and comfort...

This could all be wrong but it is what I = have come to believe in a totally subjective manner over = time

good luck on the road