>There is no listing in Bosch = catalogs for a +4 spark plug in a Vanagon >application. Does anyone know if one = will fit and how they compare with >other plugs? Are they worth the extra money?

David,
I can only think of two reasons Bosch = does not list the +4 plug for the vanagon:
1.    They made a mistake.
2.    They don't want = you using them in the vanagon.

Since they would stand to make more = money selling these plugs for the vanagon, I would assume that if they don't want = you using them in the vanagon it is for a good reason... like they could harm = the engine.

I seem to remember a post last summer = by a list member that said a Bosch representative had told him that = the +4 was not listed for the Vanagon because they didn't want you using them = in that engine, or that because they weren't listed he suggested not using = them. I don't recall if he said why.

Keep in mind that some plugs will = make the head temperatures hotter than others... this could have other consequences = beyond just a small boost in power... consequences that could take more than = a couple of thousand miles to show up.

If you want to know for sure see if = there is a Bosch web site that you can send email to their tech department and = ask them.... or call.

Bill

David W. Long
DagenhamDave@prodigy.net
= http://pages= .prodigy.net/dagenhamdave/DagenhamDave/