Wow, lucky you!  I camped in many = of the maritime provinces when I lived in the East, and I hope to make = the rounds again some time in the next few years, because I haven't = seen nearly everything in the Maritimes yet.  My don't miss = list:

Nova Scotia: Take The Cabot Trail = right around Cape Breton Island, incredibly wild and beautiful.  = Visit Alexander Graham Bell museum at Baddeck.

Fortress Louisbourg is a beautifully = restored French fort and town from the 1700s, with many working = industries of the time, costumed guides who take the identify of the = people of the time, including restaurants which serve the food of the = time, at several levels (poor people, middle class, very rich).  = An amazing place.  Halifax, a city of grace and much = history.

Prince Edward Island:  The red = sand beaches of the North Shore and the white sand beaches of = Cavendish.  Towns not to miss: Summerside, Charlottetown.  = Eat a lobster dinner at a local church -- they are often served weekly = during the season, and it's the best way to experience lobster with all = the trimmings in PEI.  These are strictly social affairs, no = religion pushed on you.  They are done as fund raisers and many = tourists enjoy them.

Newfoundland:  Terra Nova = National Park, Gros Morne National Park (spectacular mountains, ocean, = and great hiking), L'Anse aux Meadows (only authenticated Viking = settlement in North America, restored sod homes, great interpretive = center).  St. John's is a great place to spend Canada Day, July = 1.  You can get up and watch the sun rise over the most easterly = point in Canada, Cape Spear, which is also the oldest lighthouse in = Newfoundland.  To get to Newfoundland, I recommend the overnight = ferry to Argentia -- it's an 18-hour trip over open Atlantic, cabins = available, though many people opt to forego this luxury and sit up = throughout the trip.

New Brunswick:  Bay of Fundy -- = highest tides in the world.  Visit Franklin Roosevelt summer home = on Campobello Island.  Beautiful old capital Fredericton -- very = walkable.

Enjoy!

Kath, Rob & Vanita (87 = Westy)
North Vancouver, BC