I run the MXT's on my 88GL. I really like their performance. = As I understand, the MXT was the tire that all vanagons had when delivered = new.

John, as I understand it, the = MXT model is Michelan's replacement model for their previous model that = came with and was designed for the Vanagon

I run mine at 45 psi. I could lower that a bit for a softer = ride, but it affects the wear pattern.

My experience does not agree with your experience. = What wear pattern effect did you notice? I run my MXT's at 38 front and 42 rear = (about two pounds heavier than the door jamb sticker). I'm running at lower = tire pressure and I would think my 90 Westy Syncro is heavier than your GL, = no? ... especially with all the camping gear I take for a month.... yet I = notice not wear pattern problem with about 15,000 miles on them... and my = alignment mechanic actually commented the same...

Could it be that your van needs an alignment? These = are tricky buggers to align and it is really really hard to find anyone = who knows how to do the job right. I'm pretty sure I have found a guy that does.

Bill