From: michael schiesser
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 = 3:32 AM
Subject: Oil pressure low = around corners in 89 Vanagon

My oil pressure light, and sometimes = buzzer, are coming on when I go around a big turn like a highway exit ramp, or = slow way down from 65 MPH.  I replaced the sensors to no avail. I dont = know what grade oil I have but I will change that tommorrow, along with the = filter which is currently BOSCHE. It otherwise runs ok, even during these oil light = episodes.

THere is an intermittent high pitched = whistling noise that also appeared on the scene around the same time, and does = not change in tone, pitch or volume with the speed of the car, or the = engine, but only occurs at speeds over 50 MPH. It sounds like the noise brakes = make when they are wearing in or out, but it never happens when I step on the = brake. I'm not too freaked out by the noise like I am the oil light, but I = include it here because it make be a clue. My mechanic thought it was the water = pump and $360 later, the car still works the same.

Michael Schiesser
89 Westfalia
Harvard Mass