Fayette, if I recall is a nice little = restored village dating from when iron mining was a big industry in the = UP.  I have camped near there a couple of times, back when I was = driving a pretty new 1974 Kombi, so I don't remember exactly where, but = as Mark said, there are so many places, it's hard not to simply stumble = into one.  I have fond memories of camping there with my kids when = they were preschoolers, poking around the village of Fayette, and = washing my hair on a pebbly beach on Lake Superior.  = Enjoy.

Kath, Rob & Vanita (87 = Westy)
North Vancouver, BC