Hi, all!

I'm new to the list, I've been = enjoying reading it and am amazed at the number of Vanagon enthusiasts!  I've always = thought that my wave to other Vanagon owners was just between us, but I guess = it's a much bigger community than I imagined.

I'm in central Upstate NY (between = Rochester & Syracuse) and I see several Vanagons drive by.  I live on a = state hwy, and have probably seen about a dozen different ones pass by my home = in the year that I've lived here, though they may just being passing through = from other locales.  When living in Rome = (NY) there were probably half a dozen that I saw regularly.

I would imagine, however, if they live in NY long, = they eventually wind up a small pile of rust dust.  I bought my first = Vanagon (84) in Colorado and lived with bare metal in spots with no rust, moving = to NY showed me the need for paint up-keep.

My new one (90 GL) came with rust so I didn't have = to add any of my own.  I'm looking forward to the time to work on that rust (I = much prefer the blue to the rust!)

Thanks for the fun of the list!

Daryl Densford
90 Vanagon GL