CAMPGROUND COMMENT AND EVALUATION CARD

PLEASE EVALUATE OR COMMENT ABOUT YOUR = CAMPING EXPERIENCE AT LAKE POWHATAN CAMPGROUND.

THIS CAMPGROUND IS MANAGED BY THE = CRADLE OF FORESTRY IN AMERICA INTERPRETIVE ASSOCIATION UNDER A CONCESSION = ARRANGEMENT WITH THE US FOREST SERVICE.  WE WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS TO HELP = US IMPROVE THE CAMPING EXPERIENCE AND OUR MANAGEMENT OF THE CAMPGROUND.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOUR CAMPING = EXPERIENCE (DO NOT RATE THE WEATHER)?

Comments:

Overall our camping experience was = wonderful, with the exception of the Rangers and Hosts.

HOW WERE YOU TREATED BY THE HOSTS AND = STAFF?

Comments:

The Rangers and Staff (Hosts) were = horribly behaved.

We were part of an informal gathering = of people, good old fashioned taxpaying citizens, who are primarily campers and = secondarily VW Campervan Enthusiasts.

We were given a RUDE reception at the = gate when we checked in for our RESERVED and PREPAID site.

Our experience at the check in was not = exclusive. Most of the Campers in our group were greeted likewise. A few of the = Campers did not feel offended by the Rangers at the gate.

It is very unpleasant and not even = remotely hospitable to greet Campers as if they are intruding or somehow = incovieniencing the Rangers by arriving to CAMP in a CAMPGROUND.Their attitude was plain = unbeliveable. I felt like just leaving, but even though they had upset = me I wanted to see my friends. Besides, when you reserve a site on the = webpage, they charge you for the site in advance, non-refundable, so I was not about = to let these ill mannered people waste my money.

IT GOT WORSE!

The Rangers were constantly patrolling = the Campsites of everyone in a Volkswagen Camper. Their favorite pet peeve = was to force people to relocate their vehicles. It is plainly posted that there = is a two vehicle limit to any particular campsite, and this rule was = vigorously and constantly enforced. I do certianly understand now the importance of = adherence to this rule, but its logic even now escapes me. This rule was used = exclusively as a tool of harassment by the Ranger/s.

The Ranger/s was also constantly = approaching the campsites, uninvited, and threatning several Campers with a "FIFTY = DOLLAR FINE" for non-specific and even better non existent rule = infractions.

THEN IT GOT DARK.

The ranger/s approached several = campsites, one specifically several times under cover of the night and the woods. Then = when he was heard, he would turn on his flashlight and walk away. This is = BIZZARRE behavior, and unacceptable from any perspective.

The next morning, Saturday June 17, The = rangers resumed their harassment, abeit with slightly less vigor. By Sunday = morning, they seemed to have calmed down. We, collectively as a group, and myself = individually, did not change or modify our camping behavior over the = entire weekend. Actually, to placate the Rangers we were forced into a policy = of appeasment for the duration of the Weekend.

My wife and I camp on average twice a = month, year round. We have camped as a couple and with groups all over the = Southeast. I know we understand how to camp responsibly. In fact all of the campers in our = group pride themselves on being responsible campers.

Nearly all of the campers in our group = had prepaid reservations. We were not by any strech of the imagination a = Horde.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THE CONDITION OF THE = FACULTIES (BATHROOMS, CAMPSITE,BEACH AREA, ETC)?

Comments:

Excellent

HOW CLEAN WERE THE FACILITIES = (BATHROOMS, CAMPSITE, BEACH AREA, ETC)?

Comments:

Excellent

ANY OTHER COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS TO = MAKE YOUR CAMPING EXPERIENCE MORE ENJOYABLE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

The Staff at Lake Powhatan Campground = are in urgent need of remedial training in the areas of:

HOSPITALITY
MANNERS
POLITENESS
THE FOURTH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF = AMERICA.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION
PRIMITIVE THEORIES OF CAMPERS CAMPING IN A = CAMPGROUND

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO = FILL OUT THIS COMMENT CARD.

160A Zillicoa St. , Asheville, NC = 28802, (828) 257- 4200, Fax (828)
257-4263

PS. Please note that in accordance with = your above 'Privacy and Security notice' disclaimer I am also copying this Comment = Card to an internet community of dedicated campers consisting of over 1000 = people across the entire USA. I know they will eagerly anticipate whatever reply may = be offered in defense.