In my 85 digijet Westy I have a new 90 = amp alternator (10 months old) a new battery (41-4/810CA) 2 days old.. I = just drove it 200 miles at 3500 rpms... it never got above 12.9 volts and overnight = it dropped to 12. with no load...

I am under the impression, after reading = the graduate course in batteries we have been generously given over = the  past week or so,... that a battery in good health should be charged to 13.something when all is right in the world... am I mistaken?? if not = what should I do next... I am off on my annual long distance Westy cruise and = would like to get everything in order before I get too far into the hinterlands...

Please = advise