Well, the list has spoken.  Thanks.  Seems = that the collective wisdom is to put the digifant system back to totally = stock, everything at stock spec. Are you guys saying I have to get rid of = my header, 16V catalyst, Walker Turbo, K&N filter, Jacobs ignition amp, = Platinum +4 plugs, ratio rockers, and Mobil 1??  Maybe I'll just = overlook the fact that my digifant setup isn't as God and VW intended.  It = is working very well.  I agree that I may very well have = short-circuited a fail safe mode, and that the next component failure could leave me walking.  I'll take that chance.  Could be that as the season = changes and I begin to deal with cold weather, I'll be whistling a different tune.  I'll let you know.

Gary