Hi, volks.

Time is really running short for the = caravana to South America.  I have a new idea about how to carry extra gas and = would like an opinion from the listmembers.

While offroaders generally carry jerry = cans on the back of the vehicle, I believe this is a very dangerous thing to do when = driving on the highway.  A rear-ender will turn VnaJean into a Molotov cocktail.

One concern I've had about putting gas = cans in the luggage rack was that I'm neither strong nor tall and would find = putting them up and taking them down pretty tough.  I went to West Marine = last week and looked at gas tanks for boats.  Some of these would fit very = nicely in the luggage rack.  (I'm thinking about a 6.5 gallon tank.)  = What I think is that I could actually fill the tank in place on the roof and, = when and if the gas is needed, siphon it down into the Westy tank.

Oh, Volks Gurus, does this sound = workable to you?  Am I all wet?

Jeanne
'87 Syncro Westy