Hi,
I just sold my 1980 Westy and am = ready to address a new engine for my 1984 Westy.  A friend of mine just did = the 2.2 Subaru conversion and I was able to drive it.  I loved the power increase!  And his is an automatic!  Fit looks good and sounds = good too. My concern is the oil pan.  He has already ripped the pan off = once when it was towed.  Does anyone know of a source for a lower = profile Subaru oil pan?  Some of the roads I like to take will definitely pose a = problem for the lower clearance.
Just out of curiosity, how does the = Subaru 2.2 compare HP wise to the South African Conversion?  A brand new = engine and electronics sure are appealing.

Thanks all,
John Andrew 1984 Westy = "Schmooo", maybe soon to be "Schmooobaru"