From: Nils Huebner Rain
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 = 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: Hatch-mounted = carrying rack?

speaking of racks...

I notice a lot of interest in rear-hatch racks, when = I've been hoping to mount a front bumper bike rack on my '85 vanagon. Compelling = reason: it keeps the rear hatch accessible.

Are there downsides to the front location? reduced visibility?, less aerodynamic?

I'd love to hear if you have tried mounting a front = bike rack on a vanagon or a type II

          &nbs= p;        N i l s   R a i n

          &nbs= p;  ( 4 2 5 ) 7 0 3 - 1 3 4 6
      n i l s h @ m i c r o s o f t = . c o m