A little help from the list, please.....

I bought my '84 Wolfsburg Edition = Weekender about a month ago and the PO said that the A/C had been working and that he'd = switched it over to the new "freon", but that the compressor had gone out. He = said that he had located a good use done from a dismantling yard for $50 from an = '87 Jetta. My questions is: Will this '87 Jetta compressor fit my vanagon = and will the ports match up to connect the hoses? I try to put the right parts = back on my VW whenever I am doing a repair and I want to make sure the Jetta = compressor is compatible. Anyone out there have any good advice?

On another subject, the PO also "wired" = the glove compartment to the wiring harness to keep the GC from falling out. He = wired the back of the box to the wiring harness, so it is still usable as a glove compartment. I know there is a bracket missing or a catch to keep = the box from falling out. Does anyone know what the part number is or if a catch = is available at one of the vendors on the list? About what price, = too?

The van is is good running condition = and my daily driver, but there are a few small things that I am trying to = fix.

TIA
Rodney Kindlund
Asheville, NC
'84 Wolfy = Weekender