Rodney,
The earlier vans had rubber shock cords, the ends of = which fit into a keyhole slot at the top outer edges of the glove compartment and = a corresponding slot along the welded seam of the body under the dash, = which you should be able to see if you look straight back. Later vans have a = plastic hook which catches underneath the forward edge of the dash. I don't know if = the rubber cords are still available, but they are probably dealer only. You = might try a short length of nylon parachute cord with a knot in each end. I = might even have one of the old rubber cords from my '82 van, but it is over 100F in = the garage, so I will look tomorrow morning.
Jerry
----- Original Message -----
From: Rodney Kindlund
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2000 = 5:02 PM
Subject: A/C Compressor for '84 = Wolfsburg Weekender

On another subject, the PO also = "wired" the glove compartment to the wiring harness to keep the GC from falling out. He = wired the back of the box to the wiring harness, so it is still usable as a = glove compartment. I know there is a bracket missing or a catch to keep = the box from falling out. Does anyone know what the part number is or if a = catch is available at one of the vendors on the list? About what price, too?

The van is is good running condition = and my daily driver, but there are a few small things that I am trying to = fix.

TIA
Rodney Kindlund
Asheville, NC
'84 Wolfy Weekender