From: CHRIS = STANN
To: kathy jacobs ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 = 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: A/C Hose = replacement

Kathy,

On my '85 the hose went through holes in the = actual chassis in the left rear area immediately in front of the wheel well = opening.  There were two big rubber grommets there.   I ran the = hose from the compressor, through the opening, under the van next to the = low-pressure hose, up into the left front wheel well opening, over the front sub = frame to the inside toward the front, and up next to the radiator to the condenser.  I ended up neatly cutting the big grommets on one = side, slipped the grommets on the hose.  I lubricated them with WD-40 = and pushed them back into their original place in the frame.  I used = wire ties to hold the hose in place in many places.  I replaced all = the o-rings, then took it to the shop to get it charged.

The A/C is good enough to take the humidity out = and make the inside bearable.

Now  I need a muffler.