I used Ebay to purchase things in the past, including my '87 Westfalia camper. As a seller, you have the opportunity to make contact with prospective buyers and answer their questions about the vehicle prior to them bidding on it. This was the case for me. I spoke with the sellers, they sent me additional pictures not posted in the ad itself, and generally addressed all of my 'issues' so that I was able to feel comfortable about bidding on the van.

My van was listed in the "regular" Ebay auction site, not the automotive branch.

I am contemplating selling my '82 Adventurewagen this way, but haven't yet decided.

Dan

William Maxian wrote:

Sue - I've used Ebay & have my 83.5 Westy listed now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=397512175
There have been problems since it split off from the regular Ebay listings (
it's now Ebay Motors - I have a feeling that lot's of folks don't know how
to find what they're looking for. Everythings scattered into several
different catagories & you really have to "search" to find what you want.
Before you got cars & parts in the same search & would often stumble onto
something you hadn't really thought about ( but couldn't live without).
Anyhow, it's still the best I've found & you might want to give it a try.
Later - Max