Rookey mistake. I convinced myself that the source of my gasoline = smell was a bad gas line somewhere, the previous owner also suggested this was the = problem, so I went and ordered gas line kits to replace the lines... = without first checking things out.  So I was all ready to take the = plunge and re-do my gas lines but when I finally got
under there all the lines were fine. When I located the source of = my gas leak it was the tank itself (on top) and not the fuel lines. Anyone want = to buy some fuel line kits?

At minimum I have to re-line my tank, option two of course is = to get a new one and my thoughts are of course drawn to the 22.5 gallon = Winkler gas tank I saw on www.vanagain.com. = For a photo check out http://www.vanagain.= com/images/gastank1.jpg. Has anyone had experiece with these?

Joel Walker pointed out that since my '80 is aircooled and air-heated. There is a really big tube that runs from = the rear heater boxes all the way up front, right over the top of the fuel tank. I need this tube, or I'll freeze in cold weather. Since watercooled buses do not need the tube, the South = Africans did away with the gap where the tube went to gain the extra capacity. I = am actually pretty sure he's 100% on the mark with this, but I'm hoping = that an aircooled owner will tell me they've already done it and it works, any takers?

Thanks,
Chris Gronski
Toronto, Ontario
'80 Westy "Pokey"