IMHO:
Go to a reputable bike shop....Rhode Gear makes a fold out model for two to= four bikes that I have
used for 6 years; I think I paid less than $100. It straps onto  the b= ack hatch at the top and bottom and even allows the hatch to be opened ( wit= h care) while the bikes are mounted. The rubber feet can sit either on the h= atch metal and glass or the glass alone. I have been through some really rou= gh territory (not true off-roading) with the rack mounted on the hatc= h glass with no damage. The rack also serves nicely for carrying lawn chairs= , etc. The rear mounting is unobtrusive and with a few stretch cords holds t= he bikes securely.

Stephen Steele
91 Caravelle...Hans