I sent an email to Peter at Tiico in June and got the following:

"Thank you for your interest in the conversion kit approved by VW South Africa. The price for your 1986 Vanagon Westfalia is $3875.00 plus freight from
Houston. Please add $100.00 if you have automatic transmission.  Please do not hesitate if there are any questions I can answer for you.
Kind Regards,
Peter B. "

Man, the freight from Houston would kill me!  Unforunately, it would probably cost 7000 $CDN just to get the kit to my doorstep.  Otherwise it'd be a great kit.

Cheers!
Keith Adams
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1986 Vanagon GL Westfalia

James Huskins wrote:

>Have you considered the TIICO conversion?

I tried earlier to post this question to the list, but I believe it did not go through. If you get two similar posts, I apologize.

Does anyone know the price of this conversion. Their office is closed for vacation, and I'd like to know how the cost compares to others, especially the Subaru swap.

Thanks,

James Huskins
Chapel Hill, NC