Hi folks,

I just happen to have a '86 Syncro for = sale in my neighborhood.
I know the owner and some of the = history so I'll fill you in.
It used to be owned by a local VW = mechanic for quite a few years.
Supposedly a relatively fresh factory = motor.
He sold it to a young man named = Mike who is now heading to college.  He has had it for a while and I know = little about it currently.  I did stop and look at it externally and it looks good.    Silver paint in good shape.  Minor seam = rust starting.  One hubcap missing.  Seals between the Air = conditioning ducts are missing.  Center seat is out.  Asking price is $3300.00.  In case you are wondering why I don't buy it...  I = already have 2 Syncros, one a Westy :-), plus another air cooled westy = (soon to be for sale).   Mileage is indicated @ ~145,000.
If anyone is seriously interested, I = will give it the once over and offer any help that I can.  My wife has commented = on how sad it is to see a member of the "family" up for sale.  I = have a GREAT wife.

Since I haven't talked to Mike yet, I'm = reluctant to give out his number without asking, so mail me and I'll check with him.
Thanks
Mark