Hi Ken,

Amtrak does ship more than 100lb.  Here's the = number for their cargo department: (800)368-8725.  Not everybody = at Amtrak knows all the rules seems to be the rule of thumb = here.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Hunter [mailto:EVEHART33@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 12:12 PM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Advice on shipping a motor

Thanks to all who responded but I need a cheaper = solution. Amtrak has a 50#
maximum, Greyhound has a 100# max., and Yellow = Freight only gives their
special $100 engine rate to business-to-business = customers. I maybe able to
use a Mexican-USA bus line that goes from = Albuquerque to LA for about $.35/lb
but I don't think they were clear with what I wanted = to do (no habla
english). Any other advice appreciated.

Ken Hunter
82 Westy 1.9D
84 Jetta 1.5D