From: Vanagon Mailing = List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf Of Mark Rokus
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 4:50 AM
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: battery removal

All of this talk about batterys got = me to thinking about how I solve the removal problem.  You could get = one of those fancy battery straps, but they never seem high on the priority list.  You could only batterys that have a built in handle, but I = have never seen them in group 41.  Or, you can do as I have = done:  when I first put one in, I wrap about 10 wraps of reinforced freezer tape = around the battery.  I put a wooden block on top when I start the wrap to = get clearance and when I'm done, I remove the block.  That gives me a = reliable "strap" that is always there when I need it.  Have never = had one fail when I used enough of the tape.  Acid dosen't seem to affect = the fiberglas type tape.
Mark