Hello,

I have = been off this list for a while now, and just tonight decided to pop back on. Just = wanted to say hello to everyone again, I am not sure what the topic is, but I am = here to offer my ten cents if anyone wants it. I've done a lot of work on my = van. I own a 90 2WD, just the standard VANAGON model, no power windows, rubber = throughout, cloth interior, with A/C, and rear wiper, woohoo, gotta love that rear = wiper. It has a bit over 200K miles on it, I've replaced the heads on it once, and = let's see gone trough two tranny's now, since I've done some mods to the = engine and I drive like a maniac. Brief summary of my engine, just the standard 2.1 = digifant but with the addition of 1.25 ratio rockers, a custom intake pre AFM = drawing air through a large K&N cone filter mounted in the area where the = original airbox hookup is in the corner of the engine bay, NOLOGY Power Core coil = booster, NOLOGY ignition wires, Beru Silverstone S7 plugs (these have a = pure silver electrode, hottest spark you can get), although I do want to try = a set of the W77DTC's I think those are the triple electrode plugs) and I have a = high flow cat running into a MAGNAFLOW straight flow through muffler. You = would be surprised what kind of power this adds. All this is being put down on = the pavement through 16x7.5 inch rims (Ronal Type 28, is a 7 spoke similar = to the ones seen on Audi A4's) with 225/50VR16 rubber Kumho ECSTA's (these = things are the grippiest tire I've tried yet). Currently the tranny in it is an = 84 model yr, which has the 7/34 ring and pinion which is MUCH stronger than = the 6/29 ring and pinion that I was running before. I blew up the 6/29 ring = and pinion. I've gotten up to over 100 mph in my van with the 6/29 ring and = pinion which is a 4.83 ratio but with the 84 which is 4.86, the top speed is a = bit down, oh well. I don't know who else has done these kinds of things to = their van but I am here for answers, I pretty much done it all myself. Oh and one = more thing, I custom installed a 10 row Setrab air/oil cooler to work in sync = with the factory water/oil cooler, does wonders for keeping oil temps down = when cruising at 80-85 mph. Okay, glad to be back on board, and can't wait to = jump in and get in with all the latest fads of VANAGON crazyness...hahaha!

Joe