Hello List,

This = is a problem I have had for a while, just not that important to me to fix. The front = air vent control box seems to have trouble with the flap that closes off air to = the footweel flaps. I thought it was the cable a while back and I replaced = that, but that didn't help much. I think that the actual flap assembly has gone = bad. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and if so, how you = remedied it if you have. It seems like a pretty big job to have to tear apart the = dash to get to that air box in there. I contemplate just taking it to the dealer = and having them deal, but I have some fancy stereo equipment installed that = I fear they would mess up. Thanks in advance to those who chose to reply to = this post!

Joe
90 Vanagon