eGroups My Groups | Syncro Main Page | Start a new group!

So the common solution in Europe, he says, is to use the factory = springs with spacers under them!!

**** Of course this doesn't do anything = for the spring rate... just the height.

Drawing inferences from = this stunning email, one can draw some observations:

1. If David = Marshall springs do indeed sag over time, this is entirely normal experience = for the Europeans too. In a way, this lets David out of the dog house. Who = could have predicted this problem?

Gee... I don't think only ONE complaint = of sagging should be enough to put someone in the "dog house"

2. It = would make sense to begin measuring Betts springs installations now so any = extent of sagging is documented over time. If the Betts springs escape the = syndrome, then we can make Steve the Worldwide producer of the only aftermarket non-sagging spring! Are you ready to ship to Europe, Steve?

Yes, lets measure... ALL springs will = sag over time, but if they sag at an unusal rate then we should return them to = Bett Springs... Bett Springs is a world class manufacturer and the springs = should not sag at an unusually fast rate unless they made a mistake... = If the made a mistake they should replace the springs.

3. Axel = tries to scare us into raising our vans no more than 3cm. I had earlier = postulated 2.5cm as the target amount so there is some correlation here.

Ah... but are we talking no more that = 3cm above existing ride height (which varies from van to van)  = that has springs that have sagged for 10 + years or 3cm over stock ride height = with new springs? And if so, what was that stock ride height?

Sag on...

Bill

All sagg together now...