I was driving my '82 Vanagon diesel = daily since I bought it 18 months ago and have never had any problems with it. On a = cross country trip, the clutch slave cylinder became dislodged and I ended up = driving the Vanagon about 1000 miles without a clutch. Other than this mishap, = it has ran flawlessly for about 20,000 miles and averages between 28 and = 32 MPG. It is very slow however which is one reason I have had to park it and = drive our Jetta TDI to work in high speed traffic near Washington D.C. I = still drive it every chance I get on weekends and days off.

Jim Snyder
Edinburg, Virginia