From: finalcut
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Sunday, September 10, = 2000 5:00 PM
Subject: Bucking

Hello,
I have a 1984 1.9 Transporter. It is bucking at high speeds, = around 60 m.p.h. after a highway drive of about 30-60 minutes.
I took this problem to a good Vanagon VW mechanic, who is a = list member and, for free, he tried a few things. He cleaned the grounds. Well, = for three weeks it stopped. Then, out of nowhere, it started = again.
It used to only take 8 minutes for it to begin, but with the = grounds cleaned, it seemed to have helped.
He checked the AFM and it seemed to be okay. HE gave a quick = checkover of the engine and didn't see anything out of place. I even = disconnected the idle stabilizer and bypassed it, nothing.
Any ideas? I need this van to okay for a 3 hour trip to = Herhsey, PA...I am going to a concert and seeing friends from my home in NY.
Any ideas?