Ok, my euphoric high at having a good running van = has come down.  On with business.

To amuse my friends I leave the battery indicator = LED on in my 85 Westy.  The only time it is ever green is when it's = running.  Two minutes with the interior light on, and its yellow.  This hasn't = affected it's starting (afaik).  I thought this was 'normal' but others have = that pleasant green light constantly.  Any ideas what to check?  = I've had the starter connections cleaned too but sometimes I have that slow = turnover problem still.  I've noticed that a lot of 85's have the same = starter gremlins, is there something unique to this year in terms of charging/starters?

Also, my oil plug leaks.  The PO had a spark = plug stuck in it (?!) which I've heard is the solution.  It is not, as it = still leaks.  What options do i have?

I am feeling particularly feisty (mechanically = speaking) this weekend as I've fixed some minor electrical problems with a 69 Type III notchback (automatic) that I salvaged from the crusher last year for = $100.  I need a solution while I'm still in the 'zone'.

And for you Manitoba listees (that I can count on = one hand), it's time to take advantage of the beautiful fall colours and go = cruising.  I'll bring munchies if someone brings their CAA card.

Thanks again
Jeff
85 westy
Winnipeg