1) I am sold on the Optima Deep Cycle = Battery, but they have a few models,most are the same dimensions. Which = specific model should I buy?

The one with side posts so you can lay the = battery on its side top posts forward and side posts up.

2) Did we ever determine if = there was any advantage to the Hella kit over the fridge relay modification on www.vanagon.com?

Advantages:
a. it comes with instructions that noone seems = to understand.
b. it comes with wires that are mostly not needed.
c. it comes with a fuse which the stock = installation lacks (but can be bought at any FLAPS)

Disadvantages:
a. only cost of kit and shipping as far as I = can figure.... also time waiting for the kit to arrive... everything = you need is either in the van now or at your FLAPS for a couple of = bucks.

3) I want to be able to start from = the auxiliary. To do this with the fridge relay I have to jump to the starter = battery, do I have to do this with the Hella Kit?

Most definately.

Bill

Thanks,
Chris Gronski