My van, before I acquired it, was in a minor front = end collision which bent the dash.  As a result, the heater control's 4 = metal sliders protrude too far, some rubbing against and some bending the = cover plate when they are moved.  I've thought of (1) trying to further = bend the slide controls along their manufactured bends inside the dash, so as to = take up a little length; (2) somehow extending the front tabs which = attach the control assembly to the dash, so as to re-place the assembly a little = further back into the dash; or (3) installing a bezel frame around the dash = mounting hole so the cover plate will attach a little further out from the front = plane of the dash.  The control itself appears to have been undamaged, and = the front of the dash where the cover plate installs also appears to be in plane = (so I don't want to bend it).  Any better = ideas?