Hello Everyone:

Tried to search the archives for this but it wasn't being very user = friendly. I am anticipating my first tune up since I bought my 87 GL. = While checking the Bentley manual to see what difference there was between the = procedure I used to use on my 83 Air cooled V-gon and the 87, it looks = like night and day to me. Bentley mentions two (2) special VW tools, = specifically #1367 and #1473, to be used during tune ups.

I have my trusty timing light and tach/dwell meter. Do I need to = find the aforementioned special tools or can I do as good a job with the tools I = already have? If I use my tools do you check the timing at idle or at 2000-2500 = RPM? Can someone give me a step by step procedure using my tools?

If I do need the special tools any ideas on where I might find them = and what they might cost?

Thanks, In Advance (TIA),
Dan Weber
87 GL Weekender