I have a 1980 air cooled that is = running really strong right now, but if that changes down the road I'll probably do an = engine swap. I thought about buying a Subaru or Audi (possibly AWD), or even a = FWD Golf as a winter beater and then pulling the engine for a swap once = Ontario's salted roads crumble the body to dust (Pokey hibernates during = the winter).

My emphasis is more on what engine swap = is better, rather than which will perform better in the snow (ie: AWD), = particularly since Pokey is air cooled so I'll need to do some serious plumbing to install = a cooling system.

Thanks,
Chris Gronski
Toronto, Ontario,
'80 Westy "Pokey" (Licence Plate: SLOPOKEY)
'87 Chevrolet = Sprint (Ice Racer)
'91 Pontiac Firefly Convertible