I am new to Westy ownership and would appreciate = some tips/advice on a few questions:

1).  What type of oil (sythetic/blend/normal) = and weight (10/30 20/50)?  I am from the northeast.  It is a new = rebuilt engine (10K on it) and was told to use 20/50?  I have been using = Castrol 20/50 synthetic blend with Mahle filters.

depends on the temperature. the guidlines are in the owner's = manual. but generally 20/50 is the best in the summer and a lower viscosity in the = winter if you live where it gets really cold... see owner's manual.

2).  It has new Brigestone 8ply tires. What = tire pressures should I run?  35 front/ 40 rear....that is one I heard?

the only way to be sure is to go to a good dealer that sells the = same brand and ask them for a weight vs. pressure chart... that will tell = you the minimum pressure you can get away with... the maximum should be = printed on the side of the tire... but if you go to the minimum and it doesn't feel = right or the profile of the tire doesn't look right... use more air...

3).  What RPM range is good from highway = driving (long term ownership).....3200..3500..4000rpm?  Seem high to run 4000 = on highway, although I am used to lower rpm engines.   I am = running 3400rpm@65mph.

I don't know about yours... but my 90 has a tachometer with a = green section and an organge section... the green is good... the orange or = red is to be avoided...

4).  Does anyone use Redline = water-wetter?  Is it worth it?

there has been much discussion on the list about this... check = out the archives.... my personal feeling is that if your cooling system is = working propery you don't need it... also my thinking is that when you make = water 'wetter' it can flow into smaller places... and perhaps leak!

Bill

Thanks for any information you could pass my way.   So far, I love the new Westfalia = experience.

Thanks, JD  85 Westy