I think I was the one who (just recently) suggested = the informative bio's for list members.  You guys are getting the = idea!  Especially Mike Miller - very creative.  Wierd, to me, is no = problem, because it is entertaining (which most of us appreciate) and under the = craziness lies some truthful information.  I'll throw mine in as soon as I = can take the time to create the mythology.

In the meantime, thanks to you all who have helped me, only two = months into this list, on a couple of repair projects already.  Here is my = most recent one:

Repairing the power window mechanism in the driver side door, after = a PO front end collision bent everything in there also.  The door frame = is now straight and all inside is working, except I am getting a considerable = crunching sound as the window is operating.  Nothing else is binding or = rubbing, so I'm pretty sure it's the motor / cable assembly.  No hesitation in = its operation, just some funky noises.  The cable guides and vertical = metal stud which guides the window glass appear to be in order.  The = cable itself (unsheathed) seems to pass over that metal stud okay.  Makes the = same sound even with the glass out.

Tried and couldn't access the archives after several tries.  = Anyone have this problem and find a solution short of buying a new motor / = cable ass'y (almost $200) - or have any clues what else it could be?

Thanks!
Jim Creech
87 Westy GL
Winchester VA