List members:

The carpet in our 83.5 Vanagon was pretty worn and stained. So we bought so= me new carpet and cut pieces to fit the main traffic areas (including the ma= in "salon" and area over the engine). We had the edges seamed and = it looks pretty nice. However, it tends to slip, especially in the front are= as under your feet. We previously had some very well made carpet mats for th= e front areas that attached to the original carpet with special plastic scre= ws that fit through little sockets. The mechanisms attached securely and pre= vented slipping. Does anyone know where one can buy these plastic screws/soc= kets. They work like a charm. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks!

Captain Meno
Bizerkeley CA.
83.5 Vanagon GL W/weekender conversion
big sunroof and big rack
81 diesel Rabbit
89 Montero 4 door - V6 - 5 speed -  W/positraction